Inside: Give the gift that gives all year long with an Activity of the Month Club you create yourself. Here’s how with you controlling the costs, days, and gifts.
Christmas in July
It’s July and my kids just opened a Christmas present.
The present was an envelope marked “July” and it said that we would be going to the water park. This present was their July Activity of the Month.
What is the Activity of the Month Club?
An Activity of the Month Club is a customized activity for each month of the year for your family. On Christmas or a Birthday, your loved one receives 12 envelopes marked January through December. On the first of each month, they open the envelope to see which activity they get to do as a family that month.
It’s the perfect Christmas or Birthday gift that gives all year long.
You control the activity, which month, and the price range.
It can be as elaborate or as simple as you want it to be!
My children receive this gift each Christmas. Sometimes, it’s a date night separately with each child. This can be a bike ride or a date set aside just to play with LEGOs. Often our kids simply want our undivided time and something to look forward to on the calendar.
Or maybe Mother-Daughter pedicures.
Maybe it’s BINGO as a family.
It takes some planning on your end in December for the upcoming year. But then you have a full year of family activities lined up!
Why I give Activity of the Month Club
- It forces me to do activities each month as a family. Especially as a single parent, time can get away from you between shared custody, school, and sports. If I am not intentional about it, it will not happen. However, when it is part of a Christmas gift, the kids will not let me forget about it.
- I am not spending a lot of money in December on gifts. The activities throughout the year are ones I would do anyway. Plus, I can control the activities and cost. It could be a picnic or a trip to the zoo.
- It helps cut down on all the “stuff” bought at Christmas.
When we moved just two years ago we did a major decluttering. I’ve tried to be very conscious of what comes into my house and what stays. However, after I performed a deep clean of my son’s room, I was shocked to unearth all this “stuff”.
Seeing all of this at one time has made me resolute for this year’s Christmas present: more intentional time together, less stuff.
Give Your Own Activity of the Month Club
A membership to Activity of the Month Club is an exciting gift! My children ask for it instead of toys each year. It is also one that would be great to give any time of year, not just as a Christmas gift.
- A “membership” to your Activity of the Month Club can be given as a birthday gift.
- Give activities to your grandparent in a nursing home. This would ensure the grandparent was visited each month and an activity was brought along each time if they were not allowed to leave the nursing home. Examples could include bringing a craft, a movie, or a game.
- Give predefined dates to your significant other on Valentine’s Day or on your Anniversary.
- Facilitate the Activity of the Month Club between your children and their grandparents. Come up with 12 different activities they can do together. This does not have to cost any money.
Get Your Printables
Get access to the resource library for free. Inside you will find all the printables you need to make your own Activity of the Month Club Certificate you can give your loved one.
Also inside are monthly tags for you write the activity. You can give them all at once in envelopes or one per month. Get access here!