DIY Jewelry Organizer for Your Wall
This is a fun and super easy DIY jewelry organizer. It is very sturdy and completely customizable. I made one about four years ago for my jewelry and still use the same one – see below. I like how I can see at a glance all of my earrings and my necklaces. It hangs on my wall so it doesn’t take up additional counter space.
It is the most popular item on my Etsy store. Over time I’ve had customers tell me they use them for a variety of things. One ordered it to use as a baby shower guest book & another used it to hang up at work to display all of her postcards from her travels.
Make Your Own: DIY Jewelry Organizer Wall Instructions
This organizer is so simple to make. The supplies needed are:
- A square wire slat – these are from storage cubes, see example below. I had a storage cube like this and I didn’t want the cubes anymore so I began making these organizers. Since then I’ve found them at garage sales for about $2 for the whole kit. I just throw away the connectors and use the 14 x14 squares.
- Yarn or Ribbon – this is to cover the outside. This is where you customize! Pick your favorite color and texture of the yarn.
- Clothespins – you can either buy cute ones from a scrapbook store similar to the ones below or make your own. To make your own, buy a pack of clothespins at the dollar store then glue glitter or spray them.
- Embellishment – a big flower or monogram for the top
- Glue gun – just to hold the yarn and embellishment together
1.Begin by gathering enough yarn to loop around the sides of the wire that will fit through the little squares each time. Apply some hot glue to get started and apply more at every halfway point and on the ends. If you need you run out of yarn and need more, be sure to hide the endings and beginnings of the yarn to make it as seamless as possible.
2. Then take another piece of yarn wrapped around the top for hanging purposes.
3. Choose an embellishment – I like using big artificial flowers. You can simply hot glue them on. They stay very well.
4. Add your clothes pins throughout. If you use it as a jewelry hanger, then I like to put the clothespins at the top and bottom and hang necklaces from it. This leaves the middle free for all your earrings.
In the end, this one turned out like this:
Other things you can use this organizer for:
• Greeting card display, card display rack
• Weekly Menu display
• Bucket List Display or bucket list frame
• Display your kid’s artwork or picture hanger
• Desktop Organizer
• Wall Organizer
Do you just prefer to buy one of these organizers instead of making your own? Here’s a direct link to the organizers in my Etsy shop.