At this point, our children should have learned ten Bible verses already. That’s amazing even if they stop right there. It’s so important to learn Bible verses as children. Why?
5 Reasons Children Should Memorize Scripture
- Children memorize easily. We all know this. This is why it is so much easier to learn a new language as a child. Why not tap into that amazing memory with learning the Bible?
- What is learned as a child is often retained for the rest of their lives. My children learned these same verses when they were around seven and eight and they still remember many of the verses – they sing them because the tune was what helped the verse stay in their minds.
- When children memorize Bible verses they learn at a young age they are loved by God.
- Children are great at sharing their faith. They don’t hold back like adults do. When they are armed with scriptural references they are even more powerful.
- Memorizing scripture helps children live in obedience as they grow. Especially during the years when they may fall away from the church, those verses tucked away in their hearts, will always be there.
There are so many more benefits! These are just five.
On to our “K” verse.
K Memory Verse: Hebrews 13:5
Video for Hebrews 13:5
You’ll just want to memorize the first part of this song but it should get you going.
Printable for Hebrews 13:5
As always you can visit the resource library to print out the verse to hang up throughout the week.
Catch up on the ABC Series for Children
If you’re just joining us and want to start at the beginning of our journey of ABC verses then click here for the index!