Want to know “The Secret” to Bible memory verses for kids? Look no further than this workbook developed after teaching my kids 26 Bible verses in 26 weeks. This workbook will take away any frustrations and leave you only with an enjoyable time learning scripture with your kids.
The backstory of the Bible Memory Verse Workbook
When my kids were ages 7 and 8, I was struggling for a way to spend time with them each evening as a newly single parent. Things were chaotic during the evenings. We had no consistent bedtime or routine. There was yelling and bribing on the regular.
Desperate, I came up with a project of learning Bible memory verses with my kids. We would learn 26 Bible verses in 26 weeks. One for each letter of the alphabet. Every night we would sing a song that related to that verse (letter) and we would all learn it together.
It would force us to spend time together on a common goal. Plus kids love watching YouTube videos and singing. I would take a video of them and we would watch their progress.
I figured if they learned the Bible verse with a tune they would learn much faster. And I was right! But we didn’t have anything tangible to learn with. It was all audible. We simply sang the song each night before bed.
There had to be an easier way…
Throughout this experience, I would spend a lot of time on the Internet searching for a song that included the verse I
wanted to teach them. I also would try to think up ways to enforce the verse without simply having them write it over and over. I wanted this to be a fun and positive experience for all of us. One we would all look forward to each evening.
We did have fun and they accomplished this amazing goal! But the whole time I wished I had materials that would enhance their memorization in a fun way. Thus, this workbook was born. Using this workbook in conjunction with the
songs set the perfect path to learning all of these Bible verses with your child.
It’s literally the secret workbook to Bible memory verses for kids. It is exactly what I wished I had all those years ago.
Bible Memory Verses for Kids Workbook
Inside this Bible memory verses for kids workbook is 5 sheets per alphabet letter. This allows you and your child to work through a different worksheet each day of the week. Throughout the week, your child should also be learning the song that goes along with the letter. This is the #1 way they will learn 26 Bible verses! The master list of all the songs for these Bible Verses can be found here.
Each verse has the following worksheets:
- A printable for you to hang the verse up nearby where your kids will see it during the week. Practice the verse each time they walk by it.
- A reflection page for your child to write the verse out and say what it means to them.
- A word search that contains the main words in the verse.
- A page for your child to draw out the verse and write what books of the Bible this verse can be found in. For example, A Verse, Joshua 24:15, can be found between Deuteronomy and Judges.
- A page to cut out each word of the verse, then your child can try to put the verse together. This can be used over and over!
Things to remember:
- This is supposed to be FUN! My children still remember these verses and recall the time we had learning as fun, not something they had to do.
- If it takes your child a full year instead of 26 weeks, it’s not a contest. It’s an amazing feat, regardless.
- Practice the prior verses at least once per week. When you are learning verse D, maybe on Fridays sing verses A-D.
- This experience was more of a bonding time with my children than simply an exercise. Make sure to include lots of laughter and hugs along the way.
- Take a video of your kids as they sing the verses. Trust me, years later you love watching your young child sing these verses.
- Have incentives, or take breaks along the way.
- Personalize the Bible memory verses for kids workbook for you! As you move through the verses you may find you like one activity more than another and decide to print doubles of one and not print another altogether. The point is that the research and guesswork are done for you-you just enjoy the time with your child.