Take time for self-care journaling to begin your passion project discovery. Get started with these 15 journaling prompts in a free printable to get your self-care started today!
Finding Your Passion. Make Time for You.
Taking time for self-care journaling is an ideal way to begin awakening your passions. The first step in the passion project series will be to spend time thinking only about what makes your soul happy.
However, it’s important to keep an open mind. Just because you may find a common theme in your self-care journaling surrounding yoga, for example, don’t think that yoga must be your only road and surely swimming, for example, is not.
The more activities I try and the more I get out of my comfort zone, the more I amaze myself. For example, I would always tell you I don’t like the outdoors. Unless I’m laying by the beach in a hammock with a drink in my hand, do not get me near nature. I’m simply not an “outdoorsy” person.
Then suddenly at the age of 40, I describe myself as an avid hiker. I’m flicking ticks of myself almost daily and breaking through spiderwebs without a thought when the last 4 decades it would have had me running back inside my air-conditioned home.
Purpose of Self-Care Journaling for Passion Project
The purpose of self-care journaling through these questions below is simply to open your mind and begin to focus on YOU. Most likely if you focus on yourself at all anymore it’s more about your problems. Not you as a person.
So grab a cup of coffee or glass of a wine and print out the questions below for free from the resource library and spend some time focusing only on you. Squeeze in 30 minutes at lunch or before the kids get up one morning.
If you hate writing, you can just think through these questions. But printing them out is best because, at the end of the 40 weeks, we will go back to our answers and see if our perspective has changed.
Self-Care Journaling Prompts
- What activities did you enjoy doing before you had kids?
- What do you enjoy doing the most with your children?
- What 5 words do you want people to use to describe you?
- What is your biggest achievement that you are most proud of?
- What could you do for five years without getting paid?
- What subject could you read 100 books about without getting bored?
- If money were no object and you could do anything what would that be?
- What did you always say you wanted to be when you grew up?
- Write 10 things you even if the answer is watching TV.
- Write down a bucket list of 20 things you want to do before you die.
- List 10 things you like about yourself, yes 10.
- Think of people who inspire you. What qualities do they possess that you wish you had?
- What 3 colors make you happy?
- What would you tell your 10-year-old self?
- What themes do you continuously pray about?
Passion Project Series
Once you have your journaling prompts finished, go through your answers and see there are any reoccurring words or themes. Keep these journaling answers someplace handy. You will continue to add to them for each project you participate in, there will be journaling prompts to compare against these master self-care prompts.
The whole series can be found here. Follow along and join us!