Check out these top 30 uses for lemon essential oil to help you and your family and clean your household naturally today!
What is Lemon Essential Oil?
Lemon essential oil is cold pressed from the lemon rind. Therefore, it is not from the acidic, pulpy, juicy inside of the fruit, and is much easier on your teeth and stomach than regular lemon juice is. It contains 68% limonene, a powerful compound offering a variety of health benefits that can be extracted from the peels of citrus fruits.
30 Uses for Lemon Essential Oil
1.Detoxifying for the body when taken internally. 1 drop in your water daily.
2. Promotes healthy bathroom visits.
3. Its citrus flavor enhances the taste of food and water.
4. Help flush your system of toxins and a great diuretic.
5. Clean your home with lemon essential oil. There are great recipes and ideas out there to swap out your cleaning supplies using lemon essential oil – a clean kitchen without the toxic smell!
6. Diffusing lemon essential oil can promote creative thoughts and clarity.
7. Can enhance the flavor of food or drink. Be amazed by how much more water you will drink! Finally, kick that soda habit!
8. Diffuse or ingest while studying or working to help retain information.
9. Use a drop in public water to help kill germs.
10. Rub on elbows and feet to smooth calluses.
11. Put one drop in water to help reduce heartburn.
12. Diffuse to help uplift your mood.
13. Use as a degreaser in cleaning everything from countertops to pots and pans.
14. Add to dishwasher to help remove hard water spots.
15. Add lemon oil to your facial cleanser to help slough off dead skin cells and create a fresh, clean complexion.
16. Great for removing gum from hair or carpet and also helps remove sticky residue from labels on bottles and jars.
17. Use a few drops to help remove crayon marks from walls.
18. Put a couple drops on your dryer balls to freshen your laundry.
19. Put a drop on your throat and behind ears if not feeling well.
20. Mix with Thieves in your diffuser to support your immunity.
21-27. Here are some benefits of taking Lemon internally:
Cold water helps jump-start your metabolism
Gives you energy
Helps to balance your body’s pH
Helps combat bloat and encourages healthy weight
Boosts your immune system and provides antioxidants to the body
Both water and lemon help keep your skin clear and healthy
Helps with digestion
28. To keep sliced apples from turning brown, add them to cold water with 2-3 drops of lemon essential oil. Soak for 5-10 minutes. Keeps them fresh longer too!
29. For a hurting throat create a roller with 10 drops Purification and 10 drops Lemon and rub over throat often.
30. It is also an immunity booster. Can diffuse Lemon, Thieves, and Purification or make this into a roller with about 7-10 drops of each that can apply to the bottoms of feet and down the spine.
Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
Young Living Essential Oil comes in a vitality label which means it can be ingested. Before ingesting any essential oils, do your homework and make sure you know the oil is pure and unadulterated. With Young Living’s seed-to-seal commitment, I can confidently use these oils for my whole family.
You can become a member of Young Living and get all their benefits and a full kit or just a bottle of Lemon when you sign up as a retail customer.
More information on what is included in the full membership HERE.
Direct link to sign up as a Retail customer and just buy a bottle of Lemon Essential Oil HERE.
More Uses for Lemon Essential Oil
There are many other uses for lemon essential oil. Share yours in the comments!